A visa document is a stamp in your passport and gives you, the traveller permission to enter the foreign country. There are a few instances where a visa is not enough to allow you into the country.

If you are not a EEA national and you are planning to stay in the UK and are travelling to the United States of America, you will have to talk to an Immigration Officer who will let you know whether you can enter that country or not.

Allow yourself plenty of time prior to your trip to apply for a visa as if it may take longer than you anticipated if there are any problems.

You can apply for a visa in a number of ways depending on the country, by person, post, fax, etc, so be sure to contact the embassy or check on the embassy website and check the specific details so you are fully aware.

A Passport is a very important travel document and is needed when you leave the UK and travel to another country and it is illegal to not have one.

Applying or renewing a passport and receiving it could take up to a month so please try to do it at least 5 to 6 weeks before your departure date just to be on the safe side.

To apply for a British passport you need to be a British citizen. By visiting the UK Passport Agency website at, you can obtain more information about applying for a UK passport.

Top Deals

Sign up to our Newsletter

Enter your name

E-mail Address